Recipe courtesy of: The Nutritionist Reviews
Sweet potatoes are a highly nutritious complex carbohydrate source packed with fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C. Try this delicious stuffed hasselback sweet potato recipe for a fun and creative way to add sweet potatoes into your diet!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. butter of choice, melted
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. dried cherries, diced
Protein granola ingredients:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 serving Purely Inspired® Organic Protein
1. Combine all ingredients for protein granola and mix well. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes and then remove from oven.
2. Turn oven up to 400°F. Lay wooden chopsticks on each side of your sweet potato and slice them as thinly as you can (leaving about 1/4 inch uncut at the bottom). Brush potatoes with butter and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and top sweet potatoes with maple syrup, nuts, apples, dried cherries and granola. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
Purely Inspired® Organic Protein provides you with a premium protein you can feel good about. It features an organic formula and includes the ingredients that meet the Purely Inspired commitment to pure ingredients, pure value.