This spicy nut mixture contains good fats and is low in saturated fats (the bad fats), making it a healthy choice. In moderation, fat is essential to your diet.
|PREPARATION TIME||COOKING TIME||SERVINGS|
|5-10 min.||10 min.||4|
|99||7g (28 cal)||2g (8cal)||7g (63 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- 4 large eggs, 2 yolks removed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ green pepper
- ¼ red pepper
- ½ tomato
- ¼ onion
- 1 oz. low-fat cheese
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1. Crack eggs into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine completely.
- 2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 6″ non-stick pan until almost smoking.
- 3. Pour in egg mixture and immediately stir. While stirring, quickly shake the skillet in a back-and-forth motion directly over heat for about 15 seconds.
- 4. Fold in vegetables and cheese.
- 5. When the egg is almost set, remove pan from heat and add herbs across the center of the omelet.
- 6. Fold omelet in half and turn over onto a warm plate.