This Italian classic gets a plant-based makeover.
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- ½ cup water
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- A pinch of salt
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl stir together ground flax and water. Set aside.
- In large bowl mash chickpeas with a potato masher. Add flax/water mixture and add breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt. Using your hands combine mixture.
- Scoop into heaping tablespoon amounts, roll into balls and place on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning halfway.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy with your favorite sauce.