Donuts + chocolate + hazelnut + protein = your next baking task. You won’t be able to stop eating them!
Recipe courtesy of: Shanika of @orchidsnsweettea
- 1 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour + 2 Tbsps
- 1 scoop Plantopia Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Powder
- 3 Tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Agave
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsps melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsps Almond milk
- In a medium bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk + apple cider vinegar, whisking together well and letting it sit aside for 2 minutes.
- Add the Agave, melted butter, and vanilla extract in and whisk everything together.
- Finally, stir in the dry ingredients until just well combined.
- Spoon the batter into a plastic ziplock bag (or piping bag), cutting the tip and pipping it into prepared donut hole pan.
- Bake donuts for 12-14 minutes or until baked through in the centers and then let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, turn them out onto a cooling rack so that they continue to cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and Almond milk until smooth and consistency is met. NOTE: After mixing, you may need to add additional milk (1 Tbsp at a time) for it to become thinner and glaze -like or additional powdered sugar for more thickness. Just ensure that you continue whisking until glaze runs ‘slowly’ off the whisk when slightly lifted. This means that consistency is perfect.
- Next, dip mini donut holes in the prepared Vanilla Glaze, sprinkle with your favorite vegan sprinkles and set back onto the cooling rack so that glaze hardens a bit. Repeat until all donut holes are glazed and decorated.
Discover the world of Plantopia, a utopian paradise where plant-based protein is both nutritious and delicious. Boasting 18g of silky-smooth protein in a formula that is also dairy free, soy free and gluten free. With a taste this incredible, it’s hard to believe it’s not the real thing.