Salmon with Red Pepper Salsa
Salsa is a tasty condiment that can add some heat to your favorite recipes! In fact, salsa has been named one of the most popular condiments in North America (even beating out ketchup!). This recipe puts a spicy spin on salmon with the help of a salsa topping.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|10 min.||20 min.||2|
|193||25 g (100 cal)||3g (12 cal)||9g (81 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- 2–6 oz. salmon
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Red Pepper Salsa
- 1 cup red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 pickled jalapeño chili, minced
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 lemon wedges
- 1. Rinse salmon with cold water prior to preparation.
- 2. Grill salmon in a skillet over low heat. Add pepper and lemon juice.
- 3. Combine all salsa ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well blended. (Makes about 2 cups salsa.)
- 4. Top salmon with salsa and lemon slices.