Purely Inspired Pumpkin Bars
Recipe courtesy of: 2014 and Beyond
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Yields|
|5 mins.||35 mins.||40 mins.||12|
Finding high-protein snacks can be difficult, so why not just make your own? Try these delicious pumpkin protein bars made with Purely Inspired® Organic Protein for a tasty snack!
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6 egg whites)
- 3 tbsp. pure maple extract, plus more for drizzling later
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Purely Inspired® Organic Protein, French Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Stevia
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus 2 tsp.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper, spraying with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, egg whites, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together Purely Inspired French Vanilla Organic Protein, Truvia and the pumpkin pie spice.
4. Add the protein powder into the mixture along with the quick oats and stir until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
6. Bake until the center feels set and pulls away from the side, about 35 to 40 minutes.
7. Let cool completely at room temperature and slice into bars and serve!