Recipe courtesy of: 2014 and Beyond
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Yields|
|5 mins.||35 mins.||40 mins.||12|
Finding high-protein snacks can be difficult, so why not just make your own? Try these delicious pumpkin protein bars made with Purely Inspired® Organic Protein for a tasty snack!
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 6 egg whites)
- 3 tbsp. pure maple extract, plus more for drizzling later
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Purely Inspired® Organic Protein, French Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Stevia
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus 2 tsp.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper, spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, egg whites, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Purely Inspired French Vanilla Organic Protein, Truvia and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the protein powder into the mixture along with the quick oats and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake until the center feels set and pulls away from the side, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and slice into bars and serve!
Purely Inspired® Organic Protein provides you with a premium protein you can feel good about. It features an organic formula and includes the ingredients that meet the Purely Inspired commitment to pure ingredients, pure value.