Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars
With just 150 calories each, these Chocolate Coconut Protein bars are the perfect on-the-go fuel!
- 1/2 cup Purely Inspired® Organic Protein, Vanilla
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut (try toasting your own!)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (alternatives: almond flour, or a grain-based flour like oat flour or quinoa flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 30g melted 85–100% dark chocolate
- Start with 1/2 cup of Purely Inspired Organic Protein and add 1/2 cup of coconut flour. Make sure to select a flour that can be eaten raw. (Coconut flour, almond flour, or a grain-based flour like oat flour or quinoa flour are all good choices.)
- Bind the protein powder and coconut flour with the coconut milk. You want to add enough liquid to make the batter come together like dough. The goal is to end up with a batter that you can form into bars with your hands.
- Shape the above batter into bars. If, after mixing your ingredients, your batter is too moist or sticky to mold, add a tiny bit of coconut flour until you get the desired consistency. You want to be able to shape the bars, so getting the batter dry enough is essential.If, after mixing your ingredients, the batter is too dry, add a bit of coconut milk until you get the desired consistency. Don’t make it too wet though, or you’ll have to go back to adding flour.
- Melt some chocolate in a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted, dunk the bars in the chocolate, or you can pour the chocolate over the bars.
- Place bars in the freezer for at least 30 minutes!