Recipe courtesy of: Neon Is My Color
Neon Is My Color made this recipe successfully mixing by hand. But, you’ll end up with a far better result using a heavy-duty blender or food processor. Chia seeds don’t break down unless they are blended well.
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 8 tbsp. butter (one stick)
- 1/2 cup Purely Inspired® Organic Protein
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tbsp. xylitol, erythitol or sugar substitute of choice
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- In a food processor or large bowl, combine water and chia seeds. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Blend chia seed gel thoroughly for about 90 seconds or until the seeds are broken down.
- Add eggs and egg whites and blend for 1 minute.
- Add softened butter and blend until well incorporated.
- Add Purely Inspired® Organic Protein, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, sugar substitute and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand.
- Divide batter into approximately 18 cupcake molds. If you aren’t using silicone molds, paper liners are highly recommended.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool about 15 minutes on a rack, then remove from pan. Enjoy while warm or cool further until room temperature. Then refrigerate or freeze for later.
Purely Inspired® Organic Protein provides you with a premium protein you can feel good about. It features an organic formula and includes the ingredients that meet the Purely Inspired commitment to pure ingredients, pure value.