If cauliflower can replace mashed potatoes, my friend, you can do anything!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can find a ton of different ways to change it up. Different cheeses, spices and garnishes will give you something new every time.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. chives (for garnish)
- Place a steamer into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Place cauliflower in the steamer and cover. Steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is steaming, heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor. Cover and blend on high. Add the remaining cauliflower florets one at a time, blending until creamy. Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.