Recipe courtesy of: Nutrifitmama
Who knew carrot cake could be vegan, gluten free, healthy and still taste great. These tasty carrot cake protein bars will be a big hit with the whole family!
- 1 scoop Purely Inspired® 100% Plant-Based Protein, Vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (or almond milk if preferred)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut and pecans to top with if desired
- Mix all ingredient for the bars together except pecans.
- After mixed well, fold in pecans.
- Roll out on a greased surface and place the “dough” in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- While waiting, melt the coconut butter and mix in the maple syrup and vanilla extract for the glaze.
- When ready, cut dough into squares.
- Drizzle glaze on top.
- When it is almost hardened, add shredded coconut and pecans if desired.
- Keep in a sealed contained in the fridge.