Father’s Day offers us an opportunity to celebrate the men in our lives who have been there for us, and continue to be there for us, every step of the way. It’s a day to let our fathers, or the father figures in our lives, know just how much they mean to us.
One way that we can accomplish this is by making dad a homemade card with a special Father’s Day message letting him know all the reasons why he’s the greatest dad on the planet. Or, we can take a page out of our old man’s book and make (or get) him a funny Father’s Day card with a classic dad joke inside. After all, what better way is there for us to show our dads just how close the apple fell from the proverbial tree?
Dad Jokes: Father’s Day (Homemade) Card Ideas
If you plan on making a homemade Father’s Day card this year, you can include one of these Funny Father’s Day Puns:
- Your dad yolks crack me up.
- If the world had S’MORE dads like you it would be sweet.
- Dear Dad, I’m not lion – you’re the best.
- Dear Dad, May the [golf] course be with you.
- Dear Dad, You’re one of my two favorite pear-ants!
- I turtle-y love my dad!
- Dad, I donut what I’d do without you.
- Dear Dad, It’s knot a tie – you’re my favorite!
- I love your
- Dear Dad, I can’t espresso how much you mean to me.
Or you can find a way to incorporate one of these Best Corny Dad Jokes into your homemade card:
- Why do fathers take an extra pair of socks when they go golfing? (In case they get a hole in one!)
- What did Baby Corn say to Mama Corn? (Where’s Pop Corn?)
- What did the ocean say to the beach? (Nothing, it just waved.)
- Where do fruits go on vacation? (Pear-is!)
- Where do you learn to make a banana split? (Sundae school!)
- How do you get a squirrel to like you? (Act like a nut.)
- What type of shoes do ninjas wear? (Sneakers.)
- My dad told me a joke about boxing. I guess I missed the punch line.
When designing your homemade Father’s Day card, try to get as creative as possible. You can draw a picture that goes with the message that you’re writing, or you can print out images for the card. No matter what you do, we know that your dad will absolutely love it! That’s because it’s from you.
And for those of you who’d rather buy your dad a card for Father’s Day and write a message inside, here are five Father’s Day cards with jokes that only a father could love.
Dad Jokes: Father’s Day (Store-Bought) Card Options
- If you want to have a little fun with your dad, while giving yourself a pat on the back, you can get him this Funny Father’s Day Greeting Card, which says:
I just want to say congratulations.
I turned out perfect.
- Another way that you can get a similar sentiment across, but in a different fashion, is with this Dad Genes Card, which shows an image of dad jeans and sneakers. It says:
Thanks for the cool genes
- On a scale from 1 to 5 stars, what would you honestly rate your dad’s jokes? If it’s 2 stars, then this Father’s Day Card is perfect for your dad. It says:
(And then only has 2 out of 5 stars filled in)
- For the dad who’s always there to offer a helping hand (to go along with his terrible dad jokes), you can get him this cute Father’s Day Card, which says:
If At First You
- This Grape Job Greeting Card includes a silly food pun, as well as a sentimental image to go along with it. It says:
You did a grape job
(Then there’s a picture of a tall raisin and a small grape with a heart above them)
And if you want to give your dad a gift that will go well with your dad joke card, you can get him: The Very Embarrassing Book of Dad Jokes, 101 So Bad, They’re Good Dad Jokes, or Word Teasers – Dad Jokes. Just make sure to create (or purchase) whatever you need for your dad before Father’s Day, which is on Sunday, June 20th this year.