Almond milk is a great non-dairy alternative to use in coffee, smoothies and recipes aplenty. But, like all other great things, the carton will eventually come to an end. Instead of heading to the store, why not try your hand at making your own batch? If you’ve got almonds in your pantry, you’re already halfway there!
Once you’ve nailed the process, enjoy it on its own, in hot and cold cereal, or with your fave PI protein in a delicious, creamy smoothie.
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
- Soak almonds in hot water for 2 hours.
- Strain and rinse, then peel off skins (if desired).
- Combine almonds, water, maple syrup and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Place a thin tea towel over a large bowl, then pour the mixture on top.
- Gather the towel around the mixture and squeeze it over the bowl, in order to separate the milk from the pulp.
- Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate. Shake well and use within 3 to 4 days.
Purely Inspired® Organic Protein provides you with a premium protein you can feel good about. It features an organic formula and includes the ingredients that meet the Purely Inspired commitment to pure ingredients, pure value.